What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is saved in your browser. They allow websites to recognise browsers that make subsequent requests and to store website settings within the web browser. This in turn allows websites to remember user preferences, to enable users to securely log into secure areas and to create reports on which pages are popular, so that the website can be improved.
Cookies may be stored directly by a website that you visit (“first-party cookies”) or by third-party services that the website your visit depends upon (“third-party cookies”).
The cookies we use
When you visit our website, the following first-party and third-party cookies may be stored in your browser.
- Fittense.com Website cookies
- These are first-party cookies that are required for the correct operation of our website. They include, for example, a cookie that enables our website to see you as a single visitor as you move from one page to another and to log securely into the website (the “sessionid” cookie). Additionally, the “csrftoken” cookie protects against hackers submitting unauthorized data to our server using your account using Cross Site Request Forgery techniques.
- Fittense.com Service cookies
- The Fittense.com Service permits websites to measure how many of their visitors are using adblocking technology, display customized messages to appeal to their visitors to stop blocking ads, and display alternative non-intrusive advertising. Fittense.com service cookies are used to remember whether or not you are using adblock technology, to provide you with a unique anonymous identifier (so that you are not counted more than once), and to remember settings (such as whether or not you have dismissed an appeal message or opted-out of advertising). The Bodybuilding-Apps.com service cookies all start with the letters “bm_”.
- Analytics cookies
- Optimization cookies
- We use a third-party service called Optimizely to experiment with and optimize the layout and content of our website. Third-party cookies are used to remember which version you have been selected to receive and to track your response. These cookies have names starting with the letters “optimizely”. To opt out of these kinds of cookies, please visit this link: http://www.bodybuilding-apps.com/?optimizely_opt_out=true
- Re-targeting cookies
- Our website blog runs on the WordPress blogging platform. Various first-party wordpress cookies may be placed in your browser to ensure the correct operation of the website.
- Social cookies
How to block cookies
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Most web browser settings are configured by default to accept both first-party cookies and third party cookies. However, you can adjust those settings to decide for yourself which cookies to accept or reject. You can also manually delete all cookies currently stored. Note however, that deleting or deactivating types of cookies will likely prevent a great many of the world’s websites from operating correctly (including ours). Cookies are a standard part of most modern websites. We recommend that, for the highest functionality of our website, you accept the default configuration of your web browser.